Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday...

It started out kinda rainy and hazy this morning - but the sun is trying very hard to break through the clouds - having the view that I do from my office - its actually looks like heaven is trying to peek through the clouds....it's just beautiful.

Pregnant daughter was at the hospital last night - her legs, ankles and feet are swelling a little more than normal and they wanted to do a MRI to ensure there were no blood clots - and there was none!!! She just needs to take it easy these last couple of weeks and stay off her feet as much as possible.

I had a recipe for some wonderful chicken that I meant to post today - but I forgot the cookbook at home - it is by Dana Carpenter - she has several low-carb cookbooks that I have gotten and they have great recipes - I have tried several of them and they have all been very good.

This morning I had sausage links for breakfast and 2 deviled eggs. I brought some chicken (baked and and basted with hot wing sauce) and more deviled eggs and I will probably go downstairs to the snack shop and get a green salad to go with it. I haven't been eating much at night - maybe a piece of cheese and a boiled egg. Just haven't been real hungry at night. I have lost about 13 lbs in about 6 weeks, but for the past few days, I have been in a stall - more like for the past 7 - 8 days - I will drink lotz of water today - that's usually helps.

Here is a site that I visit everyday without fail...The Pioneer Woman...she has the greatest site. She is sooooo funny, talented in so many ways, she has the greatest cooking section - step-by-step pics and just a great all-around site. She also has great give-a-ways regularly - today she will be having a drawing for a $500 gift card to Sam's.

2 comments:

PAT said...

Miss you Donna Kay. Good to see these posts, from you.

I remember when I was pregnant, with two of my girls and my feet and legs swelling. Miserable!! Hope your daughter is okay and all goes well!

Donna said...

Hope Daughter does well!! And I'll pop over to check out Carpenters cookbook!! I Really need to get Back on the lo carb!!! Happy day sweetie!!hughugs